A teacher and translator turned author of Christian romantic suspense, Alexa Verde loves writing more than she loves seafood and strawberry cheesecake, and that's saying something. She has over 200 short stories, poems, and articles published in the five languages she speaks and has more diplomas on the wall than she knows what to do with. After traveling the world and living in both hemispheres, Alexa calls south Texas home. She loves to hear from readers; please e-mail her at Alexa @ AlexaVerde.com (no spaces).
Alexa, name seven craziest things you've done.
Only seven? Okay, one is false, can you guess which one?
1. Hitchhiking in Europe. In my defense, it was my friends' idea. They thought the car would stop sooner for a girl. It did.
2. Moving half across the world.
3. Modeling (even one time for an hour counts, right?)
4. Jumping with a parachute (I'm a quick learner, which is especially important in this case)
5. Writing a thesis about works of Tolstoy and Dostoyevsky (that's lots of volumes of very deep reading).
6. Going back to school already having an M.A. That's what one has to do after moving across the ocean when one finds out that the first B.A. diploma is the most useful as wallpaper.
7. Getting the second B.A in 2 years and graduating Summa Cum Laude. Like the heroine of my first book says, do it like you mean it!
False: #4. Was it too easy to guess?
Alexa, name five strangest things you own (1 is false):
1. Polish for Dummies (catching up with the languages I already know is like chasing five puppies at the same time. I don't need to add one more puppy to the bunch).
2. Stove (I haven't used it in years). Strange, considering I used to bake pies from scratch all the time. I also have recipes for five national cuisines.
3. Slacks I bought fifteen years ago. They still fit. If don't breathe.
4. Sewing machine. The skirt I made as a teen is still my sewing masterpiece, never repeated.
5. Collection of souvenirs from seven countries.
False: #5. I only have souvenirs from five countries.